Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Through the generosity of the Alumni of the University of Otago in America Inc. funds have been made available to provide scholarships for high calibre students to attend the University of Otago. These scholarships are offered to students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show financial need.
- Standard value of NZ$6,000.
- Standard tenure is one year for those in a University of Otago or University-affiliated residential college.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school (or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution).
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers) full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Applications are not normally open to those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher.
- Significant financial need or life circumstances which present barriers to studying at university.
- Achieved NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent.
Study experience required
Applications are open.