Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
This Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students recognises the additional personal, academic and financial challenges currently faced by international students and is awarded to support students to pursue their academic goals.
The award is available once, for a period of 12 months, an applies to the first year of study only.
The scholarship offers a NZD$10,000 amount, to help you with your studies
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of Year 12 and completion of – or in the process of completion of – Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution
- Completion of an internationally recognised qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR; or
- Meeting other international entrance requirements as outlined on the Otago website; and
- Have not normally completed any previous study at a New Zealand university; and
- Are subject to paying international tuition fees; and
- Are eligible apply for, and are intending to enrol for full-time study in the first year of an eligible programme.
Study experience required
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students are awarded to students who meet eligibility criteria. Students will be notified of the scholarship in their Offer of Place, which will be followed by a formal scholarship offer.
10 December for semester 1
30 April for semester 2