Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The scholarship is to support students who have demonstrated academic ability and who have a disability that makes attending University a challenge.
- Standard value of NZ$10,000.
- Standard tenure is one year for those in a University of Otago or University-affiliated residential college.
- For exceptional applicants, this scholarship will be awarded at a higher value and a longer tenure.
- Tenure in years two and three normally requires a GPA of 5.0 or better (B) for the previous year.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher are not normally* eligible.
- Be studying with a significant disability of at least six months previous duration, which will have substantial financial implications for their studies.
- Have achieved NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent.
- Be completing, or have completed, their final year of secondary schooling in Southland. Appropriate consideration will apply if a student is required to attend a school outside of Southland for their final year as a consequence of specialist treatment.
Study experience required
Closing date is to be confirmed.