Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
UCL Hong Kong Alumni Scholarships are available for undergraduate study at UCL. Each year one scholarship will be available and named after the foundation that has funded it for that year.
One scholarship is available annually for undergraduate study at UCL. The scholarship will be named after the foundation that has funded it for that year - the Professsor Denys Holland and Cowan Cheung Scholarship, the Vinson and Cissy Chu Charitable Foundation Scholarship or the UCL Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship.
The scholarship will provide up to £20,000 per year toward tuition fees for a maximum of four years (funding will not be available for the 6-year course in medicine leading to the MBBS BSc);
Applicants who are not awarded the scholarship may still be eligible for consideration for prizes, including the Professor Sir Charles Kao Prize and the KK Chu Memorial Prize.
- Be holders of Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards or Chinese citizens who have received full-time education in Hong Kong and/or China for no less than five of the eight yearsimmediately prior to the start of study at UCL;
- have applied for admission through UCAS for full-time undergraduate degree studies at UCL (funding will not be available for the 6 year course in medicine leading to the MBBS BSc degree);
- NOT be attending any schools in the UK or currently enrolled at UCL;
- be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate for overseas students;
- be in financial need and unable to fund their planned studies at UCL without financial help;
- NOT be accepted for any other scholarships or bursaries;
- be willing to volunteer at activities of UCL, UCL Hong Kong Club and/or UCL Scholarship Hong Kong Foundation during and after their studies at UCL.
Study experience required
The criteria for awarding the scholarship are academic excellence, financial need and any other criteria deemed appropriate or relevant. You will be required to demonstrate that you meet these conditions.
The deadline for the applications is: 5pm HKT on 26 May.
Applicants must submit a completed application form, family financial resources summary spreadsheet AND arrange for an academic referee to complete the reference form.
It may be expedient to review the family financial resources spreadsheet in the first instance to ascertain if the application will be worthwhile due to a comfortable surplus or too large a deficit.