When you’re searching for a Bachelor’s degree in the United States you probably can’t wait to meet your future colleagues and get the best of student life in an international environment. And many times, what makes a world’s difference between one university and the next is campus life.
If you ever asked yourself which are the U.S. universities where you can have the most fun on campus, now there’s an answer to your question.
America’s most fun colleges with the happiest students
The four years you’ll spend for a Bachelor’s degree in USA should be the ideal mix of fun and top international higher education. Even if college life generally means a lot of cool experiences, there are some particular universities that rank higher in terms of student fun. Business Insider developed a chart with the most entertaining colleges in America:
- Pennsylvania State University — Parties, events in bars, and game days are so common here that they are a student brand.
- University of Iowa — The Greek community here makes student events funnier than you would imagine.
- University of Florida — Fraternities, sororities, and sports are the most popular aspects of campus life at this institution.
- Syracuse University — Students are highly attracted by the university’s sports events.
- West Virginia University — Famous for its FallFest concert, the university is notorious for the way it entertains its students.
- Clemson University — Fraternities and sororities are behind student entertainment. And they succeed.
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign — The university’s major party, “Unofficial”, is an attraction and a delight for all students.
- Florida State University — Students often enjoy sports and outdoor parties.
- Ohio University — Here, the parties even have a nickname – “fests”. The biggest ones are Palmerfest and #fest.
- University of California, Santa Barbara — This university has its own private beach for student events. What a life!
Other U.S. universities with great campus life
If you’re the type of person who fears that once a place becomes too popular it’s ruined, you should check less-known rising stars of campus life in the U.S.
These are places with great on-campus facilities, as well as very lively student activities. So, you’d better look into some of them before the word spreads and everybody wants a campus place there:
- Western Kentucky University — has unique campus environments.
- University of South Florida — has campus housing that students can’t help calling it ‘home’.
- California State University Northridge — a vast 356-acre campus in the heart of Los Angeles says it all.
What to expect from a great campus life experience at US universities?
Many university campuses include “basic” facilities that are meant to entertain and offer you as many options as possible. So, before you plan your free time on campus, you should know what to expect from your American university.
The first things you think of, when you hear of a university campus are the accommodation and learning and research facilities. But these aspects are more about your future academic experience. The fun aspects you have to check are:
- Event halls where you will enjoy student performances, cultural experiences, movies, and even annual fests.
- Cafes and pubs are common meeting places in campuses. Ideally, they are lively and affordable.
- Athletics fields and gyms. Sport is important for students and universities know it. Students can practice their favourite sport without leaving the campus and can participate in local championships and other sports-related events.
- Shopping areas. On campus, students find shops with souvenirs, university-personalized products, and even clothes or magazines. Essential for when you need to urgently replace your stockings.
- Student unions, sororities and fraternities. Students get to make new friendships, some of which will last a lifetime.
Student life is an unforgettable period of your life, especially if you study abroad.
Begin searching for a U.S. university and remember to check out its campus. You’ll spend half of your time on campus and make most of your student life memories there.
Also, check out international Master's degrees in the United States.