The primary objective of the Anthropology programme offered by the University of Nairobi is to train anthropologists firmly grounded in the four fields of study namely: Physical (Biological) anthropology, Cultural (Social) anthropology, Archaeological anthropology and Linguistic anthropology.
The specific objectives are:
- To train students in anthropology to apply the knowledge and skills gained in development programmes.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of current thinking in anthropological literature.
- To promote and conduct original research in the field of anthropology.
- To train students in multi disciplinary approaches to academic and policy issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction To Anthropology
- Cultural Anthropology
- Introduction To Physical Anthropology
- Introduction To The Study Of Language
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Introduction To Gender Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- K.C.S.E. (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education) Mean Grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent;
- K.C.S.E. (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education) Mean Grade C (C plain) plus a Diploma from an Institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
- K.C.S.E (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education) Mean Grade of C- (C minus) plus a Certificate and a Diploma from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
- Division II in “O” level certificate (E.A.C.E. or K.C.E.) with three years relevant experience.
- A-level Certificate of two (2) principal passes (E.A.A.C.E. or K.A.C.E.) or its equivalent from an Institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
International1617 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 48 months.
National1617 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 48 months.
- 16,000 Kshs per credit
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.