Climate change, biodiversity loss, resource depletion: environmental issues are posing challenges to people and ecosystems across the planet.
Key features of the Diploma of Higher Education in Environmental Studies at The Open University UK
- Develop the core knowledge and skills necessary to understand the complexity and controversies behind key environmental issues
- Combine a thorough interdisciplinary grounding in environmental change with a distinctive social science approach to environmental issues
- Gain the ability to interpret, analyse, and critically evaluate quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Enhance your employability by learning how to work between the social and natural sciences
A diploma in environmental studies can lead to employment across the public, private and voluntary sectors. Businesses, public sector organisations and other employers increasingly have to deal with environment-related issues, making this course relevant to a wide range of professions including:
- civil or diplomatic service
- environmental education
- environmental consultancy
- environmental health
- environmental management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environment: journeys through a changing world
- Investigating the social world
- Environment: sharing a dynamic planet
- Environment and society
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 17 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
- This qualification begins with the module Environment: journeys through a changing world (U116) which offers a great deal of help with study skills, such as taking notes, writing essays and basic scientific expressions to build a solid foundation for further study.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.