The Bachelor of Paramedical Science offered at Edith Cowan University will help you develop practical skills, like pre-hospital diagnostic techniques, that are critical in this profession.
You’ll be taught by AHPRA registered industry professionals with on-road experience, with many still actively working in the profession. They’ll help you develop an understanding of professional and ethical practice, communication and safe practice within the public health, social, cultural and clinical paramedical science environments.
When you graduate, you can consider further specialisation across a range of postgraduate courses, including Critical Care Paramedicine, Extended Care Paramedicine and Disaster and Emergency Response.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply in depth knowledge of paramedicine principles, concepts and procedures, in accordance with legal, ethical and professional regulations.
- Communicate with diverse professional practitioners, patients and observers using appropriate literacies, language and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate autonomy and accountability for ongoing learning, professional practice and development of self and others.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural diversity, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and provide patient care with dignity and sensitivity.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and synthesise complex information from multiple sources to provide patients with safe clinical care.
- Use clinical reasoning, judgement and problem-solving skills to formulate appropriate paramedic responses to patient problems in the emergency care environment.
- Use digital technologies and multiple literacies to access, evaluate and share the key concepts of paramedic practice from globally diverse sources.
- Work collaboratively with health practitioners, maintaining and enhancing the safety and health of self, patients and others in diverse work environments.
This course prepares graduates to practise high quality paramedicine in a wide spectrum of healthcare and cultural settings, and to lead Australian and international trends in healthcare provision.
Possible future job titles
Paramedic, Critical Care Paramedic, Community Paramedic, Industrial Paramedic, Ambulance Officer, Intensive Care Paramedic, Retrieval Paramedic
Accredited by: Council of Ambulance Authorities (CAA)
- Perspectives in Paramedic Professional Practice
- Cultural Studies
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Theoretical Perspectives In Paramedical Practice
- Emergency Mental Health Response
- Anatomy and Physiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 179 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 077135DAll applicants must meet the academic admission requirements for this course. The indicative or guaranteed ATAR is as published (where applicable) or academic admission requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- AQF Cert IV;
- Successfully completed 0.25 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Undergraduate Certificate;
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test;
- University Preparation Course;
- Indigenous University Orientation Course;
- Aboriginal University Readiness Assessment; or
- Experience Based Entry Scheme.
International35700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8050 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8050 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.