The International Communication Studies with Performing Arts (Hons) degree from The University Of Nottingham Malaysia will train you in the theories and realities of local and international media and communication, enabling you to develop the analytical, creative, practical and problem-solving skills needed to succeed in our globalised society.
Graduates from the School of Media, Languages and Culture have entered roles in prominent organisations and companies with above-average starting salaries. Career paths in these fields include advertising account executives, copywriters and creative roles, news editors, journalists and reporters.
Our graduates have gone on to positions and roles such as film producer, journalist, advertising creatives, marketing, and corporate communications. Our graduates are found in companies such as Astro Radio, MalaysiaKini, BFM, Marie Clare, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mater, BBDO, and iFlix.
Other career options include arts or heritage administration and management, the civil service, diplomatic or embassy work and government service, non-governmental organisations, politics and think tanks. The list continues with roles in consultancy, human resources, management and recruitment within the international business environment. SMLC graduates have worked in UNHCR, Royal Bank of Scotland, Ferrero Rocher, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (Singapore), International Schools and publishing houses.
- Culture and Society
- Beginners French, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin or Spanish (full year)
- Global Music Studies
- Literature and English Drama
- Media and Communication Theory
- Intermediate French, German, Japanese, Korean, Madarin or Spanish (full year)
- Music in Film
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Language Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 49 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC, excluding critical thinking and general studies
- IB Diploma 28 points with 5,5,4 at Higher Level
- STPM B+B+B, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC 1 A and 4 B3s, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language
- SAM or other Australian matriculations ATAR 82 (consideration to be made based on relevant subjects)
- Canadian Ontario Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 77% average based on 6 subjects (consideration to be made based on relevant subjects)
- Diploma - Other Institutions Acceptance to the second year is on a case by case basis (and at the discretion of the School) but normally would require an overall GPA of 3.3 (out of 4) or 70% and above (consideration to be made based on relevant subjects), and previous studies must meet the prerequisite requirements to the programme
International7407 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7407 EUR per year during 36 months.
National6106 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6106 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM29,100 per year,
- Non-Malaysian – RM35,300 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.