Pharmacy school isn’t just for pharmacists. The University of Toledo also educates future pharmacy scientists. We have one of the best pharmaceutical sciences programs in the U.S.
The University of Toledo undergrads of the Medicinal and Biological Chemistry program study how to design, synthesize and develop pharmaceutical drugs. This interdisciplinary science focuses on synthetic and organic chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology and immunology.
Medicinal and biological chemistry bachelor's degree highlights
- America’s most comprehensive pharmacy program. UToledo offers five majors in pharmaceutical sciences and a path to medical school.
- Strong research focus. Medicinal and biological chemistry students are encouraged to participate early in research. They are trained in the development of new drugs and therapeutics. This is excellent experience for those who want careers in applied research in rational drug design.
- Cutting-edge classrooms and labs. UToledo offers some of the nation's most advanced facilities for pharmacy, chemistry and life sciences. The Shimadzu Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Research Excellence has a mass spectrometer and other sophisticated equipment.
- Excellent prep for medical school. The MBC major is a great option for students interested in medical, dental or veterinary school, as well as a physician assistant program.
- Flexibility. Take electives in forensic science, biomedical science or any other area that lets you meet your career goals.
- Study abroad. UToledo’s medicinal and biological chemistry program partners with universities and research centers in Hungary, Japan, India, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
- BSPS/MS in medicinal chemistry. Earn your master’s degree with an extra year and summer of study.
- Learn in a real-world, health care environment. MBC majors spend their final two years mainly on UToledo’s Health Science campus. The campus is home to The University of Toledo Medical Center, other clinical practices and research facilities, and the Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Practices in Pharmaceutical Research
- Advances in Drug Design
- Environmental Microbiology
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Biochemistry View 2051 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
- 4 years/units of English
- 4 years/units of math (including algebra I and II and geometry or equivalent)
- 3 years/units of natural science
- 3 years/units of social science
- 2.5 GPA or 20 ACT/1030 SAT
- All international students, regardless of graduating from a U.S. high school, and students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and did not graduate from a U.S. high school are required to submit an internet-based TOEFL
International9453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9453 USD per year during 48 months.
National9453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9453 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State4773 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4773 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Toledo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.