How do economic crises arise and what measures respond to them? How does politics influence economic growth? How can we reform the retirement provision? Which impact has the introduction of a minimum wage?
To answer those questions, you acquire a sound and comprehensive basic economic knowledge and deal with the macroeconomic context. Additionally, you learn how to analyze and assess complex structures with the help of versatile methods.
The Economics programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) offers you the opportunity to set priorities according to your personal interests. With the wide range of knowledge and skills acquired during the Economics programme, you, as an economic generalist, are optimally trained for demanding positions in practice or for a further Master's degree.
- The Major in Economics provides you with a clear understanding of the international economic context and you will get to know the most important economic institutions and interest groups.
- You understand the macroeconomic environment. How the numerous decisions are coordinated and which economic policy measures result from it.
- You understand the behavior and decisions of individual economic entities such as the state, companies, and households.
- In the Major in Economics, you learn the confident handling of data - from preparation to analysis to interpretation.
- You develop your analytical and argumentative competence.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analytics: Statistics
- Data Analytics: Empirical Economic Research
- Data Handling: Import, Cleaning and Visualisation
- Accounting, Controlling, Auditing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Business Intelligence & Analytics View 4 other Bachelors in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You can apply directly for matriculation at HSG if you have
- a recognised Swiss or Liechtenstein maturity cerificate (Maturität, Matura) or
- a Swiss Vocational Maturität (Berufsmaturität) with "Passerelle"
- a Swiss Specialised Maturität (Fachmaturität) recognised throughout Switzerland with "Passerelle"
or will acquire one before the start of your chosen degree programme at the HSG.
International5808 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2904 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA2280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1140 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Tuition fees for Swiss nationals
- Bachelor's Level: CHF 1,229 / semester
Tuition fees for foreign nationals
- Bachelor's Level: CHF 3,129 / semester
Living costs for St. Gallen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.