On the Ocean Sciences (Hons) degree from University of Liverpool you will acquire a broad interdisciplinary understanding of the ocean environment from a physical, chemical and biological perspective. The oceanography route is suitable if you don’t have a strong background in mathematics, physics or chemistry as remedial courses are provided.
This programme has an important focus on practical aspects of marine science and will provide grounding in hands-on quantitative studies of biological, chemical and physical marine science. There will be the opportunity to participate in field/project work throughout the course of your studies, as well as a full sea practical during year three. You will undertake a major research project in your final year. The degree in Ocean Sciences at Liverpool is accredited by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
With the environmental challenges facing the planet, there has never been a better time to study programmes in the ocean sciences: to understand the drivers of climate change, how the oceans are responding to our warming climate, why and where sea level is rising, and how these changes are affecting ecosystems on land and in the ocean. Our degree programmes are designed to provide you with the skills to tackle these global environmental challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate, Atmosphere and Oceans
- Marine Ecosystems: Diversity, Processes and Threats
- Essential Mathematical Skills
- Study Skills (ocean Sciences)
- Theory and Laboratory Experiments in Earth Surface Processes
- Ecology and Conservation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Marine Studies Environmental Sciences View 255 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: ABB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: Including two sciences. Acceptable sciences: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Geography, Applied Science, Environmental Science, Psychology.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*DD in relevant diploma
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points, including grade 5 at Higher Level in two science subjects (see subject specific requirements), no score below 4
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H1, H2, H2, H2, H3, H3 including H2 or above in two sciences
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.