At the Bachelor in Music, Folk- and World Music programme at Lund University you can reach the highest possible level of artistic and personal expression, and use your specialism to actively contribute to a dynamic cultural life. Our shared passion for music and learning is at the core of our activities.
After the successful completion of the Bachelor in Music, Folk- and World Music programme at Lund University, students shall have sufficient knowledge, understanding and skills to be able to pursue a career within various professional areas.
The student must also have developed the skills necessary for continued or in-depth studies that are to a great degree autonomous. Furthermore, on completion of the programme, the student must have acquired basic entrepreneurial skills that increase his/her professional versatility in an ever-changing cultural life.
Once the programme is successfully completed, students are awarded a degree of Bachelor in Music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The academic year is divided into weeks of scheduled classes, project weeks and weeks for independent studies as well as examination and assignment weeks.
- Students are also given the opportunity to partake in ensemble classes together with those studying folk music enrolled on the Music Teacher’s programmes.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You can apply for this programme via www.antagning.se during the period 1 December –15 January
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The audition takes place in two rounds. In order to be offered a place, you need, in addition to a passing grade on your samples of work and audition, also to have passed results on other qualifying tests.
- Prepare and record two songs of different character in your special music/genre area to submit as work samples. One of the songs is to be performed solo. On the recordings, you must play your main instrument within your genre. If you want accompaniment on the second song, it is ok to play with some extra musician/-s. The total playing time for both songs must not exceed 12 minutes.
- Ensemble test: With the invitation you will recieve 3 songs representing different styles/traditions. You choose one of these, and during the test it is your task to lead an ensembe consisting of percussion, bass, accompaniment and solo instruments, and play a complete version of the song. The purpose of this test is to give the jury a picture of your way of working with arrangements and being a part of an ensemble.
- A vista test: The ensemble test also contains a simple sight reading task where you get to play a tune from a score without having seen it before.
- Ear training test: You play/sing an accompanying (counterpoint) line to a melody you have not heard before. The melody is played by someone else.
International18585 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55756 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 570 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.