The ancient city of Canterbury is a time-traveller's paradise. You meet history face-to-face every day and learn from world-leading academics who help to sharpen your skills of analysis, argument and communication.
As a graduate, you will be adept at constructing engaging arguments, quick to recognise context and skilled to propose alternative solutions. And your wide-ranging work with historical sources will improve your ability to think critically, take part in debate and make informed decisions. History (Hons) degree programme is offered at University of Kent
Our graduates are prepared for a wide range of career options in areas including:
- journalism and the media
- management and administration
- civil service and local government
- museum and heritage management
- The Rise of the United States Since 1880
- Early Medieval Europe
- Later Medieval Europe
- Victorian Britain: Politics, Society and Culture
- Revolutionary Europe 1700-1850
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 1082 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including History or a related humanities based essay writing subject which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation. Students applying without History will need to make a case in their personal statement.
- Access to HE Diploma: If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): The University will consider applicants holding BTEC National Diploma and Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF; OCR) on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice on your individual circumstances.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL.
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £13000
- Home part-time £4625
- EU part-time £6500
- International part-time £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.