Why UWE Bristol?
- You'll learn in industry-standard facilities where you'll observe and practise diagnostic procedures.
- Get to grips with operating highly specialised equipment such as the Shaderware virtual reality x-ray laboratory. Study the science that underpins effective diagnosis. Develop strong inter-professional and interpersonal skills.
- The Diagnostic Radiography (Hons) programme at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has a strong practical focus, incorporating evidence-based learning, simulations and placements throughout. You'll engage with patients, clinical radiographers and other healthcare professionals on placements, in class and online.
- You'll spend about half the course on clinical work placements in the NHS and private healthcare organisations. There's also the chance to develop and apply your skills working abroad.
Careers / Further study
Diagnostic radiographers are in demand, with exciting career opportunities for graduates in the UK and worldwide. Our students go on to work in the hospitals within the region and also work nationally and internationally.
Most of our graduates find positions in the diagnostic imaging departments of NHS Trusts. Others go into private healthcare providers or work in field hospitals for the forces.
You could also do a master's and specialise further in an area such as ultrasound, nuclear medicine or radiotherapy.
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Sciences and Imaging Technology
- Fundamentals of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice
- Clinical Context and Applications of Diagnostic Radiography
- Principles of Radiographic Imaging Technique
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 785 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature, Mathematics and Double Science, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: Grade C in a Science subject.
- Relevant subjects: Subjects that meet the Science requirement for this course: Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology. Applicants with other Science subject that have a strong academic profile will be considered on an individual basis.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: Six units in a Science subject. Please list the units you are studying in your application. For further advice on acceptable units, please email us.
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Merit in a Science subject.
- Baccalaureate IB: A minimum Grade 5 in a Higher Level Science subject.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.