The Social Sciences (SOSCI) programme from Charles University is focused on current transdisciplinary issues such as complexity management, governance, mediatisation of social relations or interdependence of society, technology and the natural environment. Secondly, social research methodology is stressed as a prerequisite for the development of students' analytical skills and for finding practical solutions to complex issues. Both analytical and interpretative approaches are employed. The attention is particularly paid to the preparation of the bachelor's thesis as a way to develop soft skills and to conduct project-oriented research.
To complete the programme, the students must (i) collect 180 ECTS credits, (ii) pass the state exam, and (iii) defend their bachelor’s thesis. The available courses consist of mandatory courses, elective and optional courses. The mandatory and elective courses are taught at the Faculty of Social Sciences, the optional (off-field elective) courses can be taken at any department of Charles University (including the Czech language classes).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complex Societies: A Sociological Analysis
- Globalizing Societies: A Social Anthropological Perspective
- Governing Societies 1: A Public Policy Perspective
- Governing Societies 2: Political Systems Analysis
- Mediated Societies: Changes of Media Environment
- Digitalised Societies: A Socio-Technical Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
SOSCI programme is open only to applicants who have already completed (or are about to complete) their secondary education. We welcome applicants with a strong motivation and a consistent past performance track record.
The entrance exam consists of three parts and applicants may take it at FSV UK or from abroad:
- test of a sufficient level of English (B2 and higher; a formal certificate, such as TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE etc., or writing exam on-site)
- letter of motivation (describe your personal motivation for choosing to study social sciences and your competences for the study)
- written essay on a given topic (on-site or online with distant proctoring)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.