Students study four different major subjects in First Year and focus on two of these in Second Year, which they will then continue to study to degree level as joint honours. You can study a combination of subjects from familiar Arts subjects such as English, French, German or History, to newer subjects such as Drama & Theatre Studies, Media & Communication Studies or Psychology. In Third Year, you will have opportunities to work, to travel, and to study abroad as part of the Off-Campus Programme.
Why Study the Bachelor of Arts at MIC?
Becoming an arts student and graduate is one of the best ways to develop vital skills for your career, for personal growth, and to make the fullest contribution to society. The flexibility of studying an arts degree at MIC means that you can study a combination of familiar arts subjects and try new ones in the first year before deciding on the two subjects you wish to gain your degree in.
Our Arts students develop excellent communication and thinking skills that enable them to engage critically and analytically with the world around them. Subject-specific content is supported by general skills modules, elective modules, and research.
The Bachelor of Arts at Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick is taught by academics from 13 different subject departments, which ensures great diversity. A commonality for all however, is that staff are excellent teachers, renowned subject experts, and compassionate. Assessment methods vary greatly depending on the subject and the year. As BA students, you will be assessed in a variety of coursework, practical tasks, written examinations, and conducting your own research.
With an MIC Bachelor of Arts degree, you will be a sought-after graduate with a range of knowledge and transferable skills. The list below demonstrates just some of the sectors that our graduates find employment in. Whether you want to pursue further study or just be a highly employable person, the Bachelor of Arts is an excellent choice:
- Academic Administration
- Arts Bodies
- Public Service
- Civil Service
- Film Industry
- Social Services
- Financial Services
- International and EU Organisations
- Television & Radio
- Linguistic & Translation Work
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology or German (beginners or advanced)
- Media and Communication Studies
- Gaeilge or Drama and Theatre Studies
- Theology and Religious Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The normal deadline for applying through CAO is 1 February, the late deadline is 1 May and the deadline for change of mind is 1 July.
DisciplinesHistory Geography Music View 21 other Bachelors in Geography in Ireland
- Please enclose detailed certified results and awards for all examinations mentioned in the application form (certified original documents and certified English translation where applicable).
- Official results and award of examinations to be taken should be submitted as soon as they are available.
- If you are from a non-English speaking country, you will be required to show evidence of a high level of competence in English as part of the application.
- Please note that your application form cannot be considered unless certified results and awards are submitted.
- When detailing result/grade/mark, please include QCA/GPA, mark or percentage relative to marking system at your university.
International5128 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5128 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2564 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2564 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.