You'll also analyse and assess different types of evidence, including economic data, and have the opportunity to carry out your own economics project. On completion of the Social Sciences (Economics) (Honours) programme from The Open University UK, you’ll be able to apply economic and social theories and analytical techniques to a variety of topics that affect individuals and society. Additionally you’ll have gained a wide range of transferable skills – opening up employment opportunities in private, public and voluntary sector organisations.
Key features of the course
- Specialise in economics within a broad interdisciplinary social sciences degree
- Develop an understanding of economic theory applicable to real world problems
- Develop the skills to work independently and apply these to your own economics project
- Develop statistical, analytical and communication skills that are highly valued by employers
Skills for career development
Employers value the diverse skills of the social sciences very highly. The ability to work across different academic disciplines will provide you with a broad portfolio of transferable skills including the ability to:
- interpret, analyse, and critically evaluate quantitative and qualitative evidence
- apply learning to real world situations
- communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using different media
- employ a wide range of digital practices to find, use, and create data
- learn autonomously and plan, conduct, and present independent work
- work effectively with others to achieve joint outcomes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You and your money
- Economics in context
- Running the economy
- The uses of social science
- Doing economics: people, markets and policy
- Making social worlds
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology Econometrics View 29 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.