At Music Foundation at Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts you will be given the opportunity to under take extensive preparation for entrance examinations and auditions. At a Conservatoire there will be more of a focus upon performance. You will be encouraged to build links within the music industry through course projects and key units throughout the year.
Students at Music Foundation at Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts will:
- refine their skills (composition, theory, performance and recording)
- broaden their musical knowledge and understanding.
- get breadth of content and flexibility,
- focus on particular areas of passion
- develop skills and creating well-rounded, confident musicians.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aural Skills
- World Music
- Piano Repertoire (for Pianists)
- Vocal Repertoire
- History of Western Music To c.1880
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 197 other Masters in Music History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 17 years +
- Successful completion of Secondary Education (Grade 11 or Grade 12 depending on native contry) or 1 x A level or an equivalent Level 3 qualification and 3 x GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent overseas qualification, preferably in a relevant creative subject
- IELTS 4.5+ (no element under 4.0)
International20660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10330 GBP per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA13990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6995 GBP per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.