The Mental Health Nursing (Hons) from University of Wolverhampton will enable you, upon successful completion, to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to practise as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in a range of diverse health and social care settings. The Mental Health Nursing course at the University of Wolverhampton is delivered by subject experts with extensive clinical experience and you will be supported to achieve a high clinical, professional and academic standard, we are also proud of our relationships with our partner organisations which were recently commended by the NMC.
Nursing is a demanding vocation which requires compassion, commitment, creativity and resilience, along with an ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Mental Health Nursing, especially, requires a warm and empathic approach to help build trusting therapeutic relationships with people who are sometimes reluctant to engage. This course will develop your knowledge, skills and confidence as a practitioner working in partnership with service users and carers in a variety of settings. The course promotes personal resilience and critical thinking, and supports you to advocate on behalf of service users and carers and to provide effective evidence-based interventions and continuous service improvement.
Successful completion of the BNurs (Hons) Mental Health Nursing will lead to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and will then open up the prospect of many jobs in clinical practice, hospital or community settings, research, teaching or managerial roles.
Mental Health nurses work in a variety of diverse settings caring for children, adolescents, adults of working age and older people who are experiencing mental health problems. Mental health nurses work alongside many other professionals including social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, and GPs to plan and deliver person – centred care. Registered Nurses continue to study after they have qualified, often in a specialist area, as they develop their career path within the UK or working abroad.
Recognised by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for the purpose of registration as a qualified nurse (mental health).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse you will:
- Meet the NMC Standards of proficiency for pre-registration nursing education.
- Provide nursing care that is safe, effective and ethical and assume full responsibility and accountability for your own practice as a Nurse registered on the NMC register within the legal framework of the country in which you are employed.
- Reflect upon and critically evaluate evidence to reach sound nursing judgements and exercise effective decision making in complex situations within the mental health sphere of practice.
- Critically examine the impact of political, professional and social contexts on your provision of person centred mental health nursing care within the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effectively apply your learning to identify, manage and lead enterprising innovations and service improvements in mental health nursing practice.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing View 756 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCSEs at grade C+/ 4 in an English-based subject and Maths or equivalent qualifications (e.g. Key Skills Level 2/ Learn Direct Level 2/ Functional Skills Level 2).
- 112 UCAS points
- A Levels - grades BBC
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma or OCR Cambridge L3 Technical Extended Diploma - grades DMM
- Access to HE Diploma Full award (60 credits) of which a minimum of 45 must be at Level 3 with at least 24 of these Level 3 credits at Merit or Distinction.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degrees
- Foundation degrees /HND/ HNC
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.