- You will be taught by tutors who are still successful in the film and TV industry today. They have worked on feature films, TV dramas, promotional videos and sports broadcasts
- You will work with the best digital cameras, just like those used for Hollywood blockbusters
- There’s the option to work with traditional celluloid film (35mm), which is what most blockbuster productions use. Few UK film degrees offer this
- Our film students have a track record of winning high-profile industry competitions, such as the Royal Television Society Awards and the NAHEMI Kodak Student Commercial Awards
- You will have many opportunities to gain experience on real film and TV sets, plus we offer a career-making six-month placement with Malta Production Hub.
This Film and High-End Television Production (Hons) course at University of Derby is based on our long-established and successful BA (Hons) Film Production, and has been updated and renamed to be relevant to the media industry of the 2020s. We recognise that students today will want to make productions for streaming platforms just as much as for the big screen, so our course content has been updated to reflect this. We also give you the chance to experiment with other forms of media-making — such as apps, web video, podcasts and other digital content — so that you are prepared for the ‘multiplatform’ nature of the media industry today.
This course will prepare you for a range of specialist careers, in moving image production or in the wider creative industries. For example, graduates from our previous Film Production degree have gone on to work as:
- technicians in sound, lighting and grips
- production personnel such as production assistants and runners
- independent personnel such as script writers, directors of photography, editors, art directors, cinematographers, animation specialists, producers and directors.
Many of our graduates have achieved success as feature film directors and music video artists. They have worked on major film projects such as Assassin’s Creed and 13 Hours while others have worked for the BBC, ITV, MTV, Disney and leading music labels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Image, Industry and Analysis
- Production Toolkit
- From Script to Screen
- Professional Practice
- Production Project
- Focusing on the Facts
- Project Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Liberal Arts View 756 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 104-112
- A Level BBC-BCC
- BTEC DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.