Start your journey towards a BA (Hons) Education Studies with our foundation year. This Education Studies with Foundation Year (Hons) degree from University of Derby will build your knowledge and confidence while offering an excellent introduction to all aspects of education – from early years to lifelong learning.
- Choose our foundation year route if you want to strengthen your knowledge and skills before you progress to stage one of the BA (Hons) Education Studies degree
- Explore the role of education in society, including how moral and social issues shape learning
- Match your degree to your interests and ambitions with one of our pathways in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Strengthen your CV by gaining valuable practical experience on work placement
- Take the opportunity to join one of our exciting international fieldtrips: our students have travelled as far afield as The Gambia, Morocco and Kenya
- Look at different aspects of education in a range of settings, within and outside school
The BA (Hons) Education Studies with Foundation Year paves the way to wide-ranging career opportunities in fields relating not only to education but also to social care, health care, careers and guidance, and the voluntary sector.
The graduates are now enjoying success as higher level teaching assistants, welfare child protection officers, early years practitioners, care assistants, and community learning facilitators.
Depending on the specialist pathway you choose, you could also progress to roles such as special educational needs co-ordinator, SEND teacher or SEND manager or as a teacher specialising in English as a foreign language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children's Literature and Education
- Philosophy of Education
- Psychology of Education
- Sociology of Education
- Fundamentals of Human Anatomy and Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 555 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 72 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE - GCSE Maths and English are preferred, however if you don't have these qualifications you will be able to undertake Maths and English at L2 as part of your course of study.
- BTEC - MPP
- Pass Access to HE Diploma 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.