Studying Social Work (Hons) taught at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) helps you understand the support society's most vulnerable individuals and groups need to ensure their welfare.
Learning how to practise as a qualified social worker, you'll explore the critical issues that affect people's wellbeing, learn how to safeguard their interests, and promote greater independence.
It's challenging but rewarding work, and you'll be taking an active role in addressing pressing social problems.
Careers / Further study
When you finish, you'll be eligible to apply for registration as a social worker with the HCPC - something you need to do to practise as a social worker in England.
You'll be qualified to work with adults or children and apply for jobs in the statutory, voluntary, and independent or private sector.
Many students get work with their placement organisations, in positions such as care coordinator, care officer, family social worker, social worker, and support worker.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engagement, Empowerment and Intervention
- Law and Knowledge for Social Work
- Reflective Practice in Social Work
- Service Improvement - a Collaborative Approach
- Theory and Research for Social Work Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Communication Studies Sociology View 284 other Bachelors in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- English Language Requirement: International and EU applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 7.0 with 6.0 in each component.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: No specific subjects required.
- T Levels: No specific subjects required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Home Module Fee (15 Credit): £1156
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.