The educational offer of this field of study also includes practical courses in the area of statistical and econometric analyses, decision-making, information technology and demography. Within the framework of this field, it is possible to choose one of two educational profiles. One of them focuses on quantitative methods in economics, and the other on information technology in economy. The Quantitative Methods in Economics and Information Systems BA course at Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) develop competencies necessary either to start a career in business entities and institutions where it is essential to use mathematical, statistical, econometric and IT tools or to do business. They give a good theoretical and methodological basis to take up the second-cycle studies.
- Learn basic theories and their applications related to the following educational content: mathematics, in particular mathematical analysis and linear algebra; probability theory and mathematical statistics; research design and statistical analysis; demography; mathematical economics; econometrics; operational research; finance and insurance mathematics; computer programming; design of information systems; and databases.
- Become knowledgeable about mathematical, statistical and econometric methods and tools which are necessary to analyse economic and social phenomena on a micro- and macroeconomic scale.
- Take part in many practical courses related to statistical, econometric and financial analyses, decision-making, demographics, insurance and IT.
- Be able to solve macro- and microeconomic problems using various analytical tools, and to use linear algebra in statistics, econometrics and mathematical decision-making models, as well as to design and conduct statistical research.
- Know how to construct, estimate and interpret estimation results of basic econometric models, and how to implement them.
- Business Informatics
- Demography / Mathematical Economics
- Financial and Actuarial Mathematics / Analysis and Design of Information Systems
- Statistical Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Informatics & Information Sciences Econometrics View 9 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Sciences in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Signed application form printed from the on-line registration system;
- ID card issued in the European Union or passport (for inspection only);
- Document confirming the knowledge of English;
- Educational document entitling you to apply for admission to studies. If your educational document was issued by a non-Polish institution, it should also be:
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.