By getting a degree in Applied Biomedical Science - Biomedical Science (Hons) at Glasgow Caledonian University you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a biomedical scientist, including cellular pathology, clinical biochemistry, haematology, and clinical microbiology. A key strength of the programme is a work-based placement in a Scottish hospital by selection. International students are not eligible for consideration for placement.
Biomedical scientists carry out laboratory tests on specimens sent for analysis by GPs and other healthcare professionals.
Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Cells and Biomolecules
- Core Skills in Biosciences
- Mechanisms of Cellular Regulation
- Core Skills in Biosciences
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Biomedical Science Clinical Skills
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Microbiology Biochemistry View 240 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: Standard entry requirement: BBBB: Two science subjects (such as Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Psychology) and one essay-based subject such as English, History or Modern Studies plus Maths/English/Biology or Human Biology at Int. 2/Nat 5 B
- Minimum entry requirement*: BBCC (incl Chemistry, one other Science and English/essay-based subject) Int 2/Nat 5: B (Maths/English/Biology/Human Biology)
- A level: BBC (incl Chemistry) GCSE: B/6 (Biology, Double Science, English and Maths)
- ILC Higher: H2 H2 H3 H3 (incl Chemistry, one other Science and English/essay-based subject) O level: B/6 (Maths and Biology)
- IB Diploma: 28 points (incl HL Chemistry) SL: 5 (Biology)
- BTEC: DMM Ext Dip (incl Chemistry and Biology) GCSE: BB/66 (Double Science) B/6 (English and Maths)
- SWAP: Science - BBB
- College HNC: Relevant HNC - graded unit B (incl sufficient coverage of Chemistry)
International12250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- RUK: £9250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We provide high-quality education for a fair price; as the University for the Common Good, we are committed to offering accessible higher education for talented students by keeping our tuition fees low and providing a generous scholarship package of over £2.5 million per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.