The Bachelor's programme in Philosophy, Politics and Society focuses on the defining issues of the 21st century from a variety of perspectives. This programme coordinates with other faculties, allowing you to take a multidisciplinary approach to your studies.
Your first year consists of a series of systematic introductory courses. In your second and third years, you tailor your curriculum to those global issues in which you are most interested. This programme also includes our 'At the Borders of Europe' minor, which combines policy related courses with fieldwork in Cairo, Rome, Athens, St. Petersburg, and Rabat.
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
- Gain a theoretical background in political philosophy, ethics, metaphysics and philosophical anthropology
For each theme, you will examine a combination of key historical philosophical texts, contemporary thinkers, and empirical cases.
- This programme gives you the academic skills to pursue a Master's programme in philosophy
A combination of a PPS Bachelor's and a Master's tailored to your interest gives you access to a variety of fields and professions. Your studies will be an excellent preparation for a career in policy analysis, journalism, politics, consultancy, public administration, or government. For your future employers, think of:
- Local, national, and international governments
- Businesses varying from start-ups to multinationals
- NGOs and charity organizations
- Media organizations
- Think tanks and institutes for policy analysis
- Education and academic research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics and Its Contemporary Challenges
- Political Philosophy in the 20th and 21st Century
- Theories of Knowledge
- New Ontologies for Mutable Worlds
- History of Philosophy
- The History of Ancient Philosophy
- The History of Medieval Philosophy
- The History of Modern Philosophy
- The History of Contemporary Philosophy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
EU/EEA: 1 May: Recommended deadline: if you are admitted, assistance in finding housing is provided
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Policy Political Science View 10 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have completed, or are about to complete, a study programme outside of the Netherlands, then your diploma will be assessed on an individual basis. Depending on your diploma, you may receive requests for further information during the application procedure.
- English language requirements:
- A Dutch VWO diploma;
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma (diploma programme)
- A European Baccalaureate Diploma, with English Language 2 or English Language 1
- An American High School Diploma
- GCE A-Levels
- A diploma equivalent to, or higher than the Dutch VWO diploma, where the language of instruction has been English, obtained at an institution in an EU/EEA member state
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8342 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8342 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.