This Sports Therapy (Hons) programme from Hartpury College is accredited with the Society of Sports Therapists, which means you’ll graduate ready to work as a qualified practitioner. You’ll benefit from lots of hands-on experience on and off campus, working as part of multi-disciplinary teams to treat sports injuries and conditions.
You’ll learn from lecturers and staff who are also practising industry professionals, as you gain the skills and knowledge you need. Throughout the course you’ll work closely with sports therapists, strength and conditioning experts, physiotherapists and others. You’ll study modules that have been informed by industry needs, which means you’ll graduate with the skills that employers are looking for. Subjects include anatomy, physiology and therapeutic theory - you’ll cover everything involving the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of injury as you become an accredited sports therapist.
Our sporting campus is the perfect place for you to apply what you learn in the classroom, whether that’s assisting with pitch-side first-aid during a game or working as part of our busy sports injury clinic. You’ll undertake more than 200 hours of in-practice work experience to ensure you’re industry ready when you graduate. You can also gain extra qualifications such as sports massage, taping or first aid alongside your studies. We also undertake industry trips and attend conferences to gain insights into current practice.
You’ll undertake more than 200 hours of in-practice work experience during the course. You’ll also have the opportunity to gain even more experience during a sandwich year in industry. We have strong industry partnerships with teams and clubs across Gloucestershire.
Our students also have opportunities to gain experience with our athletes and teams on-site. Students also support a number of industry events including Crossfit, taekwondo and triathlon competitions. Learning in a professional-style sports club environment means you’ll have access to athletes and teams both in the clinic and on the pitch.
Graduates on this course have progressed into sports therapy roles within professional and semi-professional sport, setting up their own businesses, and working for the NHS or the Ministry of Defence, for example.
- Sports Therapist, Tamworth Football Club
- Sports Therapy Internship, Newport Gwent Dragons
- Postgraduate study
- Self-employed sports therapist in a private clinic
- Roles within the NHS or Ministry of Defence
On graduation you’ll be a registered member of the Society of Sports Therapists. This means you’ll be eligible to apply for Professional Liability Insurance which you’ll need to practice as a sports therapist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Skills for Sport
- Introduction to Functional Anatomy and Sport Biomechanics
- Introduction to Exercise Physiology
- Introductory Skills for Sports Therapists
- Emergency Care for Sports Therapists
- Principles of Strength and Conditioning
- Introduction to Sports Massage
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Missed the 15 January UCAS deadline? Don’t worry, you can still apply for many of our courses.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Sports Sciences View 110 other Bachelors in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE - A minimum of 5 GCSE A* to C, (or 9 to 4 where numeric grades are being awarded) or equivalent, to include English Language, Mathematics and a Science.
- A Level - Typical offer is ABB-BBC or equivalent. This must include a minimum of two A Levels including one in a Biological Science, Sports Studies or PE subject.
- Vocational award - Typical offer is a DDM-DMM in an Extended Diploma or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- We welcome students with equivalent qualifications, including Access and the International Baccalaureate.
- We may interview applicants that are short listed depending on the personal statement.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.