What is Economics/Business Economics?
The study of Economics looks at how people, businesses and countries make decisions and distribute limited resources. You will explore how those choices affect day-to-day life and society.
Questions that you might seek to answer include the following. Why are people more likely to choose a short-term incentive than a long-term one? What consequences will Brexit have for businesses in the Netherlands? In the Economics and Business Economics programme of the University of Amsterdam, you will apply economic theories to businesses. You will examine how they are organised, how they operate and which role they play in the larger economy.
Is Economics and Business Economics for you?
Choosing a programme is not a decision that you want to take lightly. While it is important to choose a programme that appeals to you, of course, this fact alone does not guarantee success. If the following profile sounds familiar to you, Economics and Business Economics may be the right choice:
- You are fascinated by economics and the world of business practice.
- You want to learn about the role that businesses play in the economy and the extent to which they influence one another.
- You have an interest in human behaviour.
- You are good at and enjoy mathematics.
- You are able to work both independently and in a team.
- You can communicate effectively in English.
- You are able to formulate your opinions well, and you have an inquisitive and critical attitude.
- You are eager to learn and enjoy exploring new areas of knowledge.
A Bachelor's degree in Economics and Business Economics is a great stepping stone towards a subsequent Master's programme or your 1st job. After graduation, you could take a position with employers such as:
- businesses, including multinationals
- pension funds
- government ministries
- academic institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematics for Economics
- Principles of Economics and Business
- Financial Accounting for Economics
- Statistics for Economics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration International Business View 36 other Bachelors in Economics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary school diploma
- English proficiency
- Mathematics proficiency
- UvA Matching
International9450 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.