On this online BSc (Hons) Psychology you will learn about the theoretical and scientific underpinnings of psychology, as well as delve into several specialised areas within the field, such as mental health, investigative psychology, the psychology of sport and exercise, and critical social psychology. Finally, your studies will culminate with a final project on a psychology topic that aligns with your personal interests or professional goals.
This programme meets the British Psychological Society’s requirements of the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership Curriculum (GBC). This is an important step towards becoming a Chartered Member of the Society and it is recommended you choose an accredited course if you want to become a qualified psychologist.
BSc (Hons) Psychology teaching methods
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
BSc (Hons) Psychology assessment methods
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres; instead, you will submit written assignments through the VLE. For the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system that allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
BSc (Hons) Psychology career prospects
On completion of this online BSc (Hons) Psychology, you will be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you pass your Final Psychology Project with a minimum mark of 40% and gain at least a Lower Second-Class (2:2) Honours degree overall.
If you want to become a chartered psychologist, obtaining GBC is the first step and then you will need to undertake postgraduate study or training in the area of psychology you want to practice, for instance: clinical, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology.
You could also pursue careers in a wide range of industries including business, counselling, civil service, healthcare, and teaching.
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study the following modules on the BSc (Hons) Psychology:
- Fundamentals of Effective Learning in Psychology*
- Introduction to Social Psychology*
- Personality and Intelligence*
- Introduction to Cognitive Psychology*
- The Psychology of Attitudes*
- Mental Health, Stress and Well-being*
- Introduction to Research Methods*
- Biological Psychology*
- Advanced Cognitive Psychology*
- Individual Differences, Emotions and Behaviour*
- Reasoning and Decision-Making*
- Quantitative Psychology*
- Psychological Development through the Lifespan*
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods*
- Critical Social Psychology*
- Developmental Science*
- Occupational Psychology*
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise*
- Investigative Psychology*
- Clinical and Counselling Psychology*
- Final Psychology Project*
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 112 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our BSc (Hons) Psychology, which consider academic or work-based experience.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements, you must meet the following criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent
- three years’ relevant work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
This fee excludes any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where applicable, the University is required to add the sales tax.
Our BSc (Hons) Psychology tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.**
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.