We offer a bachelor degree in History at The University of the Highlands and Islands. Throughout the course you will investigate the cultural, political, social and economic history of Britain, Europe, North America and the wider world.
In the first and second years, you will follow a traditional broad approach to the study of history from the medieval to the modern period. In years three and four, you will examine in-depth particular topics of history, allowing you to study specific places, periods and themes which reflect staff research specialisms.
Each year, you will build on your analytical and research abilities through a series of skills modules.
- You will have the opportunity to focus on the history of Britain and the links to Europe and the wider world
- Exiting new modules based on staffs' cutting-edge research are offered at upper level
- You can study full time or part time to suit your personal circumstances
- Individual modules can be studied for personal or professional development
- The Centre for History holds regular research seminars to which students are welcome.
- Through a glass darkly: the medieval in film
- War cruel and sharp: a military history of the Hundred Years' War
- Gender in American culture and society, 1776-1917
- Death and destruction: the social impact of the Thirty Years' War, 1618-1648
- Lordship, colony, kingdom: the making of Ireland
- Fight the power: music and the politics of black America
- The Norman diaspora: conquest, colonisation and assimilation
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 218 other Bachelors in Modern History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade BBC or above, or
- 2 A levels at grade BC or above
- At least two should be from the list of relevant academic subjects.
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered on an individual basis
International12360 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per module during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per module during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.