Throughout the course, you will immerse yourself in the varied and fascinating culture and heritage of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and gain an understanding of its place in a global context.
The Culture and Heritage with Gaelic Studies degree from The University of the Highlands and Islands explores key cultural, literary, language, historical, musical and philosophical issues at a national and regional level. Your research skills will be refined throughout the course, enhancing your career prospects as well as equipping you to progress to postgraduate study.
- Study Highlands and Islands culture and heritage in a global context
- Choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects to suit your own interests and career path, including an optional museum studies module
- Gain and polish your Gaelic language skills
- Study full-time or part-time to suit your personal circumstances
- Individual modules can be studied for personal and professional development
- Interdisciplinary project or Gaelic project
- Visions of the past
- People and the natural environment*
- Perceptions of heritage
- Scotland in film
- Research skills
- Traditional Gaelic culture
- Nationalism and national identity
- Developing communities in the 21st Century
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 758 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade BBC or above OR
- 2 A levels at grade BC or above
- At least two should be from the list of relevant academic subjects
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered on an individual basis
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.