You will learn in dedicated professional design studios and acquire a range of skills in the design and development of spaces as well as being involved in collaborative opportunities with local and international partners.
The Interior Design (Hons) programme from University of Derby is for anyone who is inspired and moved by interiors and inquisitive enough to find out how to realise these technically. Studying interior design at Derby will help you develop your design skills to create functional and unique spaces with strong spatial identities. You’ll learn how to best use specific spatial qualities, i.e. forms, texture and materials, lighting, colour, architectural components, objects and placement of these, enabling you to make your ideas become a reality. You’ll be inspired to work in a way that is environmentally responsible, memorable and experiential.
A key aim of this programme is to prepare you as a graduate for the professional world of interior designers and we would anticipate that a number of you will seek to pursue your career through either freelance or consultancy practice drawing on the opportunities presented through the curriculum to collaborate with other design-related disciplines.
This course will provide you with an opportunity to examine different sectors within the commercial and residential interior design, enabling you to gain an understanding and appreciation of the many facets and opportunities that are open to an interior design graduate.
After graduation you’ll be prepared for a career in interior design with endless opportunities to choose from such as:
- Styling and window/retail display
- Cinematic interior styling along with TV sets
- Set-stage design and exhibition design
- Retail design, e.g. fashion, gifts, jewellery stores, computer and gaming stores, etc.
- Corporate design, e.g. offices
- Hospitality design, e.g. bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Health and leisure design, e.g. hotels, spas, sport facilities, etc.
- Interior consultant and sourcing
- Bespoke furniture designer
- Kitchen design
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Context: Exploring Global Context & Spatial Typologies
- Visual and Professional Practice: Imagination to Visualisation
- Designing Spatial Narratives: Exploration
- Toolkit: Structural Layers & Materials
- Critical Context: Context Specific Investigations
- Visual and Professional Practice: BIM for Promotion
- Designing Spatial Narratives: Contextualised Interventions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design Liberal Arts View 632 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 104-112
- A Level BBC-BCC
- BTEC DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.