What's covered in the course?
We work with you during studio sessions in a variety of ways and you will be supported by a highly skilled technical team who manage the workshops and deliver technical demonstrations. Your timetables enable you to manage self-directed study resourcefully in relation to module deadlines.Textile Design (Hons) programme is offered at Birmingham City University.
With no house style we encourage you to embrace digital technology and traditional craft skills to enable your creativity, personal talents and professional awareness to be developed throughout the course in relation to career ambitions.
Our unique Next Step module prepares you and your graduate profile to bridge the gap between study and industry, whether as a designer maker, a trend Consultant, visual merchandiser, studio designer or in another relevant role.
On successful completion of the degree you will be awarded a BA (Hons) in Textile Design: Cross-Disciplinary Practice.
Why Choose Us?
- Our graduates have taken up employment across the globe, working with leading companies such as Alexander McQueen, Liberty, Paperchase, Osborne & Little, John Lewis and many more.
- Work alongside award-winning academics and practitioners, who have exhibited at leading design shows and will share their extensive experience to help you achieve your ambitions.
- Belong in our creative community working with highly experienced academics and practitioners - award winners and exhibitors at leading design shows – who share their experiences to help you learn and achieve your ambitions.
- Not only follow trends, but help to shape them as live briefs put you in touch with leaders in the field.
- Benefit from our industry networks enabling you to work on exciting ‘extra-curricular’ projects, enabling you to grow your CV from your first year.
- Study support, tutorial access and technical training exists throughout the modules, ready for you to access it when you need it.
- The combination of workshop practice, exploring digital technology and traditional craft skills enables you to develop a personal and professionally relevant portfolio.
Enhancing your employability
Our BA (Hons) Textile Design degree is designed to ensure you have the skills, vision and creativity to appeal to a range of employers.
With strong understanding and skills in traditional and digital design, you will become adept at a number of textile processes, including print, embroidery, weave and knit. You’ll also gain a clear vision of where you fit in the industry in order to build a strong personal and professional portfolio, using promotional and marketing skills you’ll be prepared to take to future job roles.
- Visual Ideas For Design
- Textile Processes
- Textiles In Historical Context
- Client and Colour
- Textiles In Contemporary Practice
- Professional Pathways
- Entrepreneurship and Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 108 other Bachelors in Industrial Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A Level/ AS Level BBC at A-Level or 112 UCAS tariff points from A/AS Level with a minimum of 2 A-Levels
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Pass overall with 60 credits, 45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2. Must be in a relevant subject pathway
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.