The General Studies program of The University of Toledo allows undergraduates to work with an advisor to craft an interdisciplinary course of study that fits their needs. You can pursue a bachelor of arts general studies degree in the College of Arts and Letters or a bachelor of science general studies degree in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
Choose an area of concentration in the arts, social sciences or humanities. Then mix in classes from our broad liberal arts program of general studies in the College of Arts and Letters.
General Studies Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Individualized and flexible. UT’s College of Arts and Letters offers more than 30 majors. Combine concentrations and classes to design a general studies major that works for you.
- Dedicated, one-on-one advisers. General studies majors work closely with advisers to make sure all graduation requirements for the degree are met.
- Active learning. UT emphasizes hands-on experiences. Our students learn through doing — volunteer work, internships, special projects and more.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and labs. Use the latest technology in science and foreign-language labs, broadcast studios and more.
A UToledo general studies degree can prepare you for any career. That’s the beauty of designing your own program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The General Studies program has been established in recognition of the fact that existing majors may not satisfy the needs of all students desiring a liberal education. General Studies is an interdisciplinary program that allows students to select an area of concentration and related course work not offered in traditional majors.
- Students who plan to pursue graduate or professional degree programs or enter certain employment areas that require established curricular backgrounds may find it to their advantage to consider existing majors offered within the college rather than the General Studies option. The standard majors have wider acceptance and more readily identify the nature and quality of an individual’s academic background.
- Students should declare this major before they have completed 90 hours.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 506 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- 2.5 GPA
- High School transcripts
- English language proficiency
International18194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9097 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National18194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9097 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State8834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4417 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.