Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Every year, they award up to three new Edwards Memorial Scholarships that are renewable for up to three additional years. This scholarship program honors the memory of P.D. Edwards, chair of the department from 1951 to 1962.
The scholarship is worth $3,000.
- To be considered for the Edwards Scholarship, you will need to have applied for admission to the university, declared a major within their department, and completed the following application procedures of your senior year in high school.
- Have completed MATH 165 (Calculus I) before leaving high school.
- Have high school mathematics grades of B or above (with a majority of the grades being A’s) and have an overall high school grade point average of at least 3.5.
- Complete the application form (PDF).
- Have letters of recommendation from two current or former high school math teachers and your guidance counselor sent directly to the department.
Study experience required
To be considered for the Edwards Scholarship you must complete the application procedures by February 15.