Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Alumni and friends of the University of Otago have gifted funds to provide scholarships for Law students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show significant financial need.
- Standard value of $6,000.
- Standard tenure is one year for those in a University of Otago or University-affiliated residential college.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school (or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution).
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers) full-time degree-level, undergraduate study in Law at the University of Otago.
- Applications are not normally open to those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher.
- Exceptions to 0.4 EFTS or less are considered when all previous University or tertiary level study has been undertaken whilst concurrently enrolled at secondary school.
- Significant financial need or life circumstances which present barriers to studying at university.
- Achieved NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent
Study experience required
Applications are open.