Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The University of Otago is providing the opportunity for at least one student from every secondary school in New Zealand to study at the University of Otago. Dux Scholarships will be awarded to any student who is named Dux (the top scholar) of their school.
- Awarded at Full Value ($6,000) when a Dux has secured no other University of Otago Entrance Scholarships.
- Awarded at Two-Thirds Value ($4,000) when a Dux has secured another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship with a total value of $3,000 or less.
- Awarded at Half-Value ($3,000) when a Dux has secured another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship with a total value greater than $3,000 and less than $10,000.
- Awarded at One-Third Value ($2,000) when a Dux has secured another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship with a total value of $10,000 to less than $20,000.
- Awarded Without Payment when a Dux has secured another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship with a total value of $20,000 or more.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher are not normally* eligible.
- Have been named as Dux of a New Zealand secondary school in the year immediately preceding enrolment at the University of Otago.
Study experience required
As soon as possible after your school's prize giving.