Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
These general scholarships for university studies are aimed at students enrolled in university programmes which are adapted to the European Higher Education Area and lead to official bachelor’s and master’s degrees, those studying at Defense and Civil Guard university centres and those studying programmes which include complementary credits or training and lead to the obtention of a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
The variable amount is calculated by weighing up the student’s average grade in their academic record and their family income, and is determined based on an allocation formula.
- Students must be Spanish or nationals of EU Member States.
- At the time of application, students must not possess a degree that is equal to or higher than the programme to which they wish to apply for a scholarship.
- Students must also comply with the scholarship’s rules for specific academic and financial requirements.
- Academic requirements depend on the programme and the format of the university degree.
- Financial aid is comprised of two components: a fixed amount and a variable amount.
The fixed amount consists of:
- Enrolment fees: This shall only take into account the credits the student first enrols in, and not any subjects later enrolled in.
- The student’s accommodation costs for the academic year.
- The student’s income.
- The student’s academic performance.
Study experience required
Applications can be submitted via an online form on the Ministry’s website.