Number of scholarships to award
The University of Otago Pathway │ Te Huarahi Scholarship was established in 2021 to encourage students to undertake study in order to qualify for University admission and enable success towards undergraduate degree programmes.
The standard minimum value of the scholarship is NZ$5,000. However, for exceptional students it may be awarded at a higher value.
The Scholarship will be for two consecutive full-time terms (5 papers in each term, 10 papers in total) of Pathway │ Te Huarahi study only.
The scholarship to be awarded is normally received in the form of reduced accommodation fees, where a recipient has accepted an offer of place in University of Otago owned or affiliated accommodation, and/or tuition fees for the first year of study at the University of Otago.
The Selection Panel consisting of the Director of the Pathway │ Te Huarahi programme, the Manager Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships, the Head of Schools' Liaison, and the Manager International Marketing and Recruitment, or their nominees; shall consider the following factors in awarding the scholarships:
- Academic ability (a minimum of NCEA Level 2 awarded with merit, or equivalent, is required for consideration).
- Financial need and life/personal circumstances which present barriers to studying at the University of Otago.
- Potential and motivation to succeed at university.
- Be enrolled full-time, in two consecutive terms (5 papers in each term, 10 papers in total) of the Pathway │ Te Huarahi programme.
- Agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
Study experience required
Every applicant must:
Submit the provided application form along with their Pathway │ Te Huarahi application to the University of Otago by the specified closing dates;
Include a declaration of personal and parental assets and income;
Include a copy of, or authorised access to, their most recent secondary school results in NCEA or equivalent.
31 January for Intake 1
31 May for Intake 2
30 September for Intake 3