Brasov city life
Brasov is a beautiful picturesque town, with a fascinating cultural and historical heritage. You can admire the medieval old town and some buildings having a Gothic architectural style.
Nice places to see and visit in Brasov are:
- The Black Church ("Biserica Neagra"), a celebrated Gothic site
- Casa Sfatului ("The mayor's former office building")
- St. Nicholas Church
- The First Romanian School Museum
- The Rope Street (Poarta Schei) – the narrowest street in Europe
- Schei, the historically Bulgarian but then Romanian neighbourhood outside of the old walled city.
- Catherine's Gate – the only original city gate to have survived from medieval times and Schei Gate, right next to it
- Ethnographic Museum
- Tampa, a small mountain in the middle of the city, where you can have amazing views of the old city centre
- The "Brasov Citadel Fortress" – Cetatuia Brasovului
You can go out at numerous restaurants, serving traditional Romanian dishes, and international cuisine as well. Choose from various bars and some very cool night clubs; Brasov has a thriving night life.
Visit the interesting surroundings, such as the Bran Castle, attracting many fans of Dracula (commonly mistaken with Vlad the Impaler, a former ruler of Walachia).
In the winter, you have Poiana Brasov close by, a great ski resort but also a sightseeing spot.If you want see more of the exciting Romania, Bucharest, Sibiu and Sighisoara are only about two hours and a half away from Brasov.
International atmosphere in Brasov
Mainly, the international atmosphere in Brasov is nurtured by the large number of international tourists from all over the world. Tourists visit Brasov all year round. Immigrant residents born outside Romania are: Hungarians, Germans, Italians and a small number of immigrants coming from EU countries.
Because Brasov offers professional skilled work at low costs, many foreign investment projects, specifically from Germany, were recorded. Entrepreneurs from other countries have decided to set a branch in Brasov too.
Brasov has four seasons, with warm to hot summers and cold winters. Average high temperatures during summer are around 28 – 30 °C (82 – 86 °F), often exceeding these variables. Winters record significant amount of snow and frost is also common. Average high temperatures in winter are 3 – 4 °C (37– 39 °F), with January as the coolest month.