The Earth and Ocean Sciences program from University of British Columbia offers you the opportunity to combine your interests in physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology, computer applications, and the environment. You will study the atmosphere and the solid and liquid earth, using knowledge of the past and present to predict the future of our global system.
Specific areas of focus include: Mineral and Fuel Deposits, Crustal and Mantle Processes, Sedimentary Geology and Geobiology, Environmental Geology, Understanding Earth’s Physics, Climate, and Palaeontology.
A BSc in Earth and Ocean Sciences qualifies you for employment in various earth sciences disciplines. Students with the appropriate course background are able to register as a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC).
The Earth and Ocean Sciences specialization can also be tailored to prepare you for entry into graduate programs in a variety of earth sciences disciplines, as well as for medical, law, or journalism school.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mesozoic Earth: Time of the Dinosaurs
- Structure and Bonding in Chemistry
- The Fluid Earth: Atmosphere and Ocean
- Energy and Waves
- The Solid Earth: A Dynamic Planet
- Topics in the Earth and Planetary Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 76 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to UBC, you must successfully meet the general admission requirements that apply to all applicants, as well as the degree-specific requirements that depend on which country you’re applying from and what degree(s) you’re applying to.
- English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are nine different ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
- Graduation from a university-preparatory program at a senior secondary school
International40765 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40765 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5506 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5506 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.