In the Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies program from University of British Columbia you will investigate the history, languages, beliefs, and people of the ancient Mediterranean and Europe, their historical reception, and modern significance.
You’ll have the option to specialize in Classical Studies, Near Eastern Studies and Egyptology, Religious Studies, Classics, or Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology. In each specialization, you have opportunities to delve into the literature, history, beliefs, and material culture of ancient Mediterranean civilizations from Babylon to Rome.
Graduates emerge with training in a wide variety of skill sets in demand by today’s employers – from critical thinking and communication to cutting-edge digital technologies for recording and analyzing ancient sites and objects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Near Eastern and Egyptian Archaeology
- First-Year Latin
- Western (Abrahamic) Religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- Greek and Roman Mythology
- First-Year Ancient Greek
- Classical Islam
- Intermediate Biblical Hebrew
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology General Studies & Classics View 47 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to UBC, you must successfully meet the general admission requirements that apply to all applicants, as well as the degree-specific requirements that depend on which country you’re applying from and what degree(s) you’re applying to.
- English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are nine different ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
- Graduation from a university-preparatory program at a senior secondary school
International39573 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39573 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5506 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5506 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.