The Fashion Management (Hons) course at the University of the Arts London (UAL) challenges students by equipping them with knowledge and skills in product planning and analysis, sustainability, supply chain, business analysis and financial accounting and encourages students to become leaders and innovators in the business of fashion. This course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
The course includes thought-provoking discussions into the macro environment, promoting creative thinking and strategic planning. Graduates of this course are highly employable; and have gained roles within the industry with leading companies including John Lewis, Burberry, Christian Dior, Harrods, ASOS, Urban Outfitters, Ted Baker and Prada.
The fashion industry is complex, global and highly competitive, and covers all levels of segmentation from value-orientated retailers to luxury brands. Careers within the industry require graduates who can respond effectively to the dynamic challenges by devising and implementing new business strategies. BSc Fashion Management equips students with knowledge in supply chain and business analysis, alongside skills in financial accounting and analysis for a successful career in the global fashion industry. The course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
If you are interested in an integrated masters in this subject, we offer the MSc Strategic Fashion Management programme, click here for details.
What to expect
- The curriculum emphasises financial literacy, data analysis and the application of statistical models as a means to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Students will develop a solid grounding in both theoretical and practical approaches to supply chain, merchandising, financial and people management, whilst appreciating the significance of responding effectively to the constant changes and challenges in global supply and demand.
- Throughout the course, students will be guided to apply the underlying theoretical principles of fashion management to the fashion industry.
- The course provides an approach to learning that encourages students to work independently and creatively whilst enabling them to develop confidence in becoming a reflective independent learner, strategic thinker and decision maker.
Work experience and opportunities
Students have the opportunity to enter external competitions, such as the National Dissertation Competition. You will have the opportunity to attend relevant virtual conferences such as those arranged by the ASBCI.
Students will be given the opportunity to undertake a short work experience placement during their second year of study. This provides increased industry awareness as well as crucial experience and valuable contacts within the industry. Recent placements have included Debenhams, ASOS, Levis, Hobbs, Fenwicks, Jimmy Choo and Dr Martens, as well as placements abroad in Europe, New York, Australia, India and Hong Kong.
The course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Management and Economics
- Marketing Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Product Management
- Better Lives
- People Management
- Fashion Futures
- Consumer Insights
- Enterprise Management Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply by 25 January for equal consideration.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 1399 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.
- A Level Passes in at least 3 subjects to total a minimum 112 UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 280 old UCAS tariff points). Preferred subjects include, Maths, Business Studies, Economics, Science, Humanities and Modern Foreign Languages;
- IB Diploma 25 points;
- Distinction, Merit, Merit in BTEC Extended Diploma;
- or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications;
- and Passes in at least SIX GCSEs at grade B (6) or above including English, Maths and a Science reflecting the course rationale and Business and Management Benchmarks statement (QAA, 2015).
International25970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25970 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.