The faculty at the Purdue University cover a range of substantive, methodological, and theoretical areas in courses that provide students with a solid grounding in anthropological perspectives. Students have the opportunity for hands-on experiences within the department with internships and field work experiences. Purdue has an active anthropology student club, P.A.S.T. (Purdue Anthropology Society).
Anthropology Honors provides a capstone experience for students, if they choose. The year-long program empowers students to focus on a particular empirical issue in an anthropological sub-discipline. Students write an honors thesis based on their research.
All liberal arts majors prepare students with the skills identified as contributing to managerial success: communicating and listening well, possessing insights into others, creative/critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to make connections across complex ideas.
Careers in Anthropology
- Museum and Archive Curator
- Government Researcher
- Non-Profit Manager
- Cultural Resource Management
- Impact Assessment
- Policy Analysis
- Archaeology And World Prehistory
- Biological Anthropology And Human Evolution
- Human Cultural Diversity
- The Development Of Contemporary Anthropological Theory
- Senior Capstone In Anthropology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- If you're applying to begin in the spring or summer term, submit application as early as possible prior to the start of the term.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Anthropology View 810 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Purdue University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Apply Online: $60 Application Fee
- Secondary School Grades
- Official SAT or ACT Score: SAT or ACT scores with writing is strongly encouraged for international citizens.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Letter of Recommendation: Though not required, a letter of recommendation is strongly encouraged, especially for students eligible to be considered for scholarships, for the Honors College or for those who are applying to highly competitive programs.
International31104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31104 USD per year during 48 months.
National28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28794 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9992 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for West Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.