Students from this Women's and Gender Studies program Michigan State University also select one of the following concentrations within the major: gender, race, ethnicity and history; sexuality and conflict/violence; gender and arts and humanities; or gender applied: health, urban and public policy. Graduates find career options in both the private and public sectors.
- Early intervention specialists
- Health educators
- Events coordinators
- Content writers
- Crisis and community outreach managers
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Feminisms and Gender Theories
- Methods for Women's and Gender Studies Research
- Advanced Seminar in Women's and Gender Studies (W)
- Women and Health: Anthropological and International Perspectives
- Gender, Environment and Development
- Introduction to Gender and Environmental Issues
- Families in Historical Perspective
- History of Sexuality since the 18th Century
- Women and Gender in Africa
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 474 other Bachelors in Ethnic Studies in United States
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International42226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42226 USD per year during 48 months.
National40726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40726 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14916 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14916 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.