All students in Special Education - Learning Disabilities program from Michigan State University meet requirements for both elementary teacher certification and a K-12 endorsement in the special education area of learning disabilities.
This is achieved after completing an immersive fifth-year teaching internship experience in schools under the guidance of mentor teachers and university faculty.
- Special education teachers
- Elementary teachers
- Resource room teachers
- Behavior analysts
- Behavioral Therapy Technician
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Reflections on Learning
- Learners and Learning in Context - Elementary
- Teaching of Subject Matter to Diverse Learners - Elementary
- Crafting Teaching Practice - Elementary
- Behavior Management in Special Education
- Models of Special Education Administration and Services
- Students with Disabilities in the Regular Classroom
- Oral Language Development
- Introductory Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 454 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.