The Bachelor of Arts in Design Studies at North Carolina State University focuses on the properties of objects and environments as reflections of the social, historical, technological and physical contexts in which they are produced. It presents the formative role of design in shaping human values and experiences.
This major is for students whose interests and talents in design are more:
Design Studies is not a transitional program from which to transfer into one of the studio-based degree programs in the College of Design. Design Studies students who wish to change majors will need to apply for competing seats in the freshmen class of a studio-based program and are subject to the select admissions process that requirements a portfolio review.
- History of Design
- World Architecture
- Design Thinking
- History of Aesthetics
- Material Culture & Industrial Design
- History of Graphic Design
- History of Landscape Architecture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 1087 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common application
- Submit the application through the Common App or the Coalition App – we do not have a preference.
- There is an $85 application fee ($100 for international applicants). You can either pay it online or provide an official fee waiver.
- Official SAT (Code # 5496) or ACT (Code # 3164) test scores should be sent directly from the testing agency
- Submit your transcript – Official academic transcripts should be submitted by your high school counselor.
- Show proof of English proficiency – If you are not from a country where English is the official or commonly spoken language, you need to show proof of English proficiency
- Complete the Certificate of Financial Responsibility
International29916 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29916 USD per year during 48 months.
National29916 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29916 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9130 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.