The Geological Sciences degree from Michigan State University is intended for students seeking a career in the petroleum industry, mining, academia or related fields or those continuing on for graduate work.
It incorporates courses in cognate sciences, field experiences and a summer field camp.
- Development geologists
- Engineering geologists
- Field geologists
- Petroleum geologists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physical and Biological History of the Earth
- Mineralogy and Geochemistry
- Global Tectonics and Earth Structure
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 481 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.