Nursing courses, which are taught by professors who serve as both educators and mentors, include content related to professional issues, theory, research, management theory, human growth and development, communication, pathophysiology, health assessment and family and community nursing. Students are also required to take liberal arts and sciences courses and other courses related to their major.
Courses are offered on flexible day and evening schedules to meet the needs of the working nurse.
The B.S. in Nursing at the Long Island University (LIU) courses build on the knowledge and experience that registered nurses already possess as graduates of diploma and associate degree nursing programs. LIU Post offers a wide range of courses in liberal arts and sciences to enhance and broaden your nursing expertise. Classes with your peers in an atmosphere of respect for the needs of the adult learner make returning to school a positive experience.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Philosophical and Conceptual Basis of Nursing
- Issues in Professional Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Research Proposal
- Health and the Human Life Cycle
- Health Assessment
- Health Assessment Lab
- Family Health Nursing Theory
- Family Health Nursing Clinical
- Family Health Nursing Seminar
- Community Health Nursing Theory
- Community Health Nursing Practice
- Community Health Nursing Seminar
- Management Theory and Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1357 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Long Island University (LIU) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants for admission to LIU Post as nursing majors are required to possess:
1. a New York State Registered Nurse license
2. an Associate Degree or Diploma in nursing3. a minimum overall G.P.A. of 3.0
4. International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 90 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.0 or above is also acceptable.
Applicants who have taken but have not received notification of having passed the NCLEX exam may be admitted to LIU Post as limited matriculants.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.