Radiologic technologists operate x-ray and digital imaging machines, digital mammography equipment, computed tomography (CT scan) machines and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to provide physicians with images of the skeletal system, organs, tissues and other vessels of the body—important diagnostic tests that help doctors detect and treat illness and injury.
The B.S. in Medical Imaging at Long Island University (LIU) provides a strong educational foundation in science and the liberal arts and comprehensive coursework in radiologic technology. Students receive the core knowledge for entry into professional practice as well as tools for lifelong learning.
Through the synthesis of clinical and didactic experiences, students develop clinical competence, conceptual understanding and critical thinking skills for effective problem-solving. We seek to prepare graduates who will have essential literacies including written and oral communication skills and be clinically competent professionals able to provide quality care to the community and other groups of interest.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods Of Patient Care
- Venipuncture/Patient Care Lab
- Principles Of Radiation Protection
- Radiographic Pathology
- Breast Imaging
- Medical Language
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Radiation Physics
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Principles in Medical Imaging
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine Health Sciences View 355 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Incoming freshmen must have a solid B average (3.0 or 82-85 grade point average) and an average SAT score of 1000 (Critical Reading and Math combined) or ACT Composite of 20 or above.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.5 is required for application review. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits, you must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
- The second step requires a formal application to the Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology Program.
International37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
National37926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37926 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.